Bull Stone House to be opened for tours



CAMPBELL HALL — The Bull Stone House and New World Dutch Barn will once again be open for tours from 1 to 4 p.m. on Saturday, Oct. 7, as part of the ILoveNY Path Through History Weekend.
The site is located at the corner of the Sarah Wells Trail and County Route 51 in Campbell Hall.
The Bull Stone House is a living museum that, along with the barn, is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. It was built circa 1722 by William Bull and Sarah Wells who were among the first white settlers in Orange County. Points of interest are the indoor spring, the pump, the root cellar and the dress handmade by Sarah Wells for her daughter Margaret as well as many other artifacts of this historic colonial family.
The barn is the only example of a New World Dutch Barn still standing in Orange County.
The William Bull and Sarah Wells Stone House Association is opening the historic house museum to visitors. The suggested donation is $2 for children, $3 for adults, and $8 for families. Walking paths lead through the woods to the historic Hamptonburgh cemetery, where many Bull family members are buried.
For more information or to RSVP, contact Linda Bull at 496-2855 or info@bullstonehouse.org. The website is bullstonehouse.org.
Related story"A great day for the Bull family": http://bit.ly/2eTGAe3